Monday, September 6, 2021
The Stewardship Committee is so excited to share details regarding our worship at Meadowood Park on Sunday, September 12. We will meet at Shelter 1 at Meadowood park in Speedway at 10am on Sunday, September 12. Yes, you read that correctly! We will be participating in “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday and Grandparents Day by being a part of our greater Speedway community. Here’s the plan:
- Kelli will lead a craft with the children that they can share with their grandparent or a grandparent in the congregation.
- To be a part of our greater community, Jim will lead the adults in a discussion as well as park clean up. We ask that each adult please bring gloves and trash bags to help clean up the trash around the park.
- We are also asking that members bring books to fill the Little Library that is also available for residents of Speedway. This can be found directly across from Wheeler Elementary’s main entrance and near the path that leads to the playgrounds.
- We will gather in Shelter 1 for worship service. Please bring your own chair and dress comfortably!
- The Stewardship Committee will use music that you may have heard as part of a VBS program. So yes, things will sound different, but we will be incorporating the kiddos! We would love for you to move to the music!
- To honor those that are fallen and those that currently serve, we will have a special prayer for the 20th anniversary of 9/11.
We are excited to see you there on Sunday, September 12 beginning at 10:00am!
- Worship time changed to 11am on September 5.
- Recorded worship available on website, Facebook, & email Sunday afternoons.
- Office Hours 10-4, T-W-TH.
- Midweek Moment Wednesdays 12pm.
- Communion Kits can be picked up at the church office.